“What is UK Sole Representative Visa?” If you are in the market for a UK business visa, you may have heard about the UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa and be wondering what exactly it is and who can be a sole representative. And if you have already asked yourself, “how do I get a UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa?” you probably have some additional basic questions, such as, “what is a Sole Representative?” and “what are the benefits of the Sole Representative visa?” and, “what are the eligibility requirements for a Sole Representative visa?” Keep reading for the answers to these questions, and for answers to other more general quarries, such as “how can I get UK citizenship through investment?” and “what is the Tier 1 Visa?”.
What is UK Sole Representative Visa?
- Known formally as a “UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa,” Sole Representative visas are a type of UK business visa available to people seeking to come to the country for the purpose of representing an abroad-based business in the UK.
What is a Sole Representative in UK?
- A sole representative is someone who comes to Britain on a UK Representative of an Overseas Business visa. A sole representative is therefore someone who immigrates to the UK as a “representative” or stand in for an abroad-based business.
- A sole representative helps the company he or she works for set up an outlet or subsidiary of that company in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, or Scotland.
Who can be a Sole Representative in UK?
- Anyone who successfully meets the below eligibility requirements can be a sole representative and apply for a UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa.
What are the eligibility requirements for a Sole Representative Visa?
- Would-be sole representatives must fulfil requirements relating to the nature of their application (i.e. whether they are applying as representatives of abroad-based media outlets or as general representatives of non-media companies (i.e. reps of business).
- Those applying to represent abroad-based businesses must successfully demonstrate that they have the correct expertise, background, and insight to fulfill their role.
- To be eligible, the business they are applying to represent must be active as well as trading.
- The business must be based abroad (i.e. not in the UK) and applicants must credibly be pursing immigration in order to set up the infrastructure for a subsidiary or branch of it.
- Eligible applicants are exclusively those who will represent an abroad-based business (i.e. not one located in the UK).
- Applicants may not be either owners or majority controllers of the business they intend to represent.
- All applicants must submit the documents required for their specific application.
- All applicants must meet certain English language requirements.
- All applicants must demonstrate that they can afford their costs of living in the UK.
- Applicants must submit their biometric information.
- Applicants must not be considered a security threat to the UK.
How do I get a UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa?
- You can apply for a UK sole representative visa
- The application process will vary depending on whether you are applying from abroad or from within the country.
- In general, however, applicants will go through an online application process, which involves filling out an online application and uploading (or mailing in) required documents.
- At the end of the online application process, applicants will be asked to submit their photos and fingerprints (biometric information) at either a visa application center or a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) destination, depending on whether they are applying from abroad or from the UK, respectively.
- Applicants will also pay a fee, which varies slightly depending on where they are applying from.
What are the benefits of the Sole Representative Visa?
- Sole representatives may be employed full time for their respective boss.
- They can stay in the UK for up to three years.
- If eligible, they can extend their visa for two additional years.
- If eligible, they can apply to stay permanently in Britain.
- They may have their family join them in the country.
- The processing time is fast; applicants can receive a visa decision in a little as three weeks (if they apply from abroad. In contrast, applicants applying from Britain must wait eight).
How long can you stay on a UK Sole Representative Visa?
- How long can you stay on a Sole Representative visa? This depends on whether or not you choose to extend your visa, and whether you continue to satisfy its terms and conditions throughout your stay.
- The basic amount of time you can remain on a Sole Representative visa is three years, however applicants who are successfully able to extend their visa can stay up to five.
Is it possible to extend the UK Sole Representative Visa?
- Yes, it it possible to extend the Sole Representative visa for up to two additional years. Combined with the original three-year visa period, this allows Sole Representative visa-holders the possibility to reside in the country for up to five years.
- In addition to possibly extending, individuals who have legally resided in the country on their Sole Representative visa may ultimately apply for permanent settlement.
UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa Cost
- The UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa cost varies depending on where you are applying from.
- The cost for applicants applying from abroad is £610.
- The cost for applicants applying from Britain is £704. UK applicants are also subject to an additional fee of £19.20; the cost of photos and fingerprints (biometric information) collection, which is a requirement for all applicants.
- Additionally, applicants who are willing to pay a fee may enjoy expediated processing times for their Sole Representative visa.
- Please note that the above costs do not reflect additional mandatory fees relating to the healthcare surcharge, which vary depending on a number of factors, including age and where the applicant is applying from.
How can I get UK citizenship through investment?
- A UK Representative of an Overseas Business visa is just one of the ways in which you can pursue UK citizenship. Citizenship through investment is yet another way.
- Applicants looking to pursue UK citizenship through investment can apply for a Tier 1 visa.
- Depending on how much money you invest via your Tier 1 visa, you may apply for permanent settlement in the UK in as few as two years.
What is the Tier 1 Visa?
- A Tier 1 visa is known as an Investor visa and is a visa for those who are pursuing UK immigration through investment.
- To get a Tier 1 visa, an applicant must invest a minimum of £2,000,000 in the country, in addition to fulfilling various UK eligibility requirements.
- Those who invest the above minimum amount in the UK may apply for permanent settlement in the country after a period of five years; those who invest 10 million may apply for settlement in as few as two years.
- Please note that a UK Sole Representative Visa is not a Tier 1 visa.