To receive a UK Sole Representative visa, you have to supply the required documents, pass a background check, and satisfy all of the other eligibility terms and conditions. In addition, all applicants must meet the English language requirement. Because different UK Business visas have different English language requirements, you should familiarize yourself with the particular terms and conditions for the UK Sole Representative visa (for example, different UK visas may require applicants to take different English approved language tests). Read on to discover how you can meet the specific English language requirements for the UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa, including the available UK Sole Representative visa English approved tests and acceptable scores. This blog will also address additional business representatives conditions and benefits for a Sole Representative and help you access the Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa application.
How to fulfil the English language requirement
- Applicants can satisfy the English language requirement through one of the following methods:
- 1. Receive an accepted score on a UK Sole Representative Visa English SELT approved test
- A SELT test is a Secure English Language Test and includes a number of different providers both abroad and inside the country.
- In order to have fulfilled the requirement, applicants must score a minimum grade of Common European Framework of References for Language (CEFR) level A1 (this applies to both the listening and speaking section).
- Approved tests are those whose results are accepted by the UK Home Office.
- There are two different categories of approved tests: 1) Those accessible in the country and those accessible abroad.
- Acceptable providers in the country include: Trinity College London, LanguageCert, Pearson, and IELTS SELT Consortium.
- Acceptable providers abroad include: PSI Services (UK) Ltd, LanguageCert, Pearson, and IELTS SELT Consortium.
- Certain providers may have different options for tests. For example, if you choose to take a test through the provider Trinity College London, you may select between the following: Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE) or the Secure English Language Tests for UKVI Integrated Skills in English (ISE); Perarson offers both PTE Home and PTE Academic UKVI; IELTS SELT Consortium offers both IELTS Life Skills and ‘IELTS for UKVI.
- When you arrive at any of the testing facilities, you must make sure to have proper identification on you, such as a passport or UK Biometric Residence card/permit. Proper identification is defined as a valid (not expired) and original photo ID document.
- After you get your test scores back, if you pass, you will receive a unique number, which you will enter on your Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa application.
- Please note that if you have certain learning or physical disabilities, you may be eligible to receive additional assistance on your exam (such as if you are hearing impaired).
- Please note that the results of your test will remain valid for use on a UK visa application for up to two years. This means that once you take the test, you have two years to apply for your UK visa. If you wait longer than two years to apply, you will have to retake the test, even if you passed the first time.
- Finally, please note that if you are on applying for settlement or indefinite leave to remain in the country on a Sole Representative visa, you will have to satisfy a more intensive English language requirement: B1 level of the CEFR (versus level A1 for basic immigration).
- 2. Graduate from an English language institution
- One of the UK business representatives conditions is that you do not have to take an English language test if you have received the minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or British equivalent) from a higher education institution.
- You must possess proof of having received a degree from your respective institution, such as an official transcript.
Exemptions for English language requirement
- While all applicants must meet the English language requirement, nationals of the following countries already meet the English language requirement.
- Because nationals of the following countries already meet the English language requirement, they do not have to take an English approved language test, present evidence of having received a degree from an English-language university or do anything to satisfy the language requirement other than present evidence of their nationality (such as a passport):
(Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, USA).
- Business representatives conditions in addition to the language tests for UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa applicants include paying the required fees, providing proof of subsistence, and possessing the requisite level of insight, experience, and expertise for their position. For a complete list of UK business representatives conditions and eligibility requirements, click here.
Sole Representative Visa Benefits
- Benefits for a sole representative include the possibility of having your family join you in the country, stay in the country for up to three years (with the possibility of extending that period an addition two years), and ultimately apply for permanent settlement in the UK.
- Additionally, applicants can hear back on their application status in as few as three weeks (for those applying from outside the country)—those applying from within the country must wait around eight.
How to apply for UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
- Contact us to apply for UK Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa, whether you are applying from abroad or from within the country.